Manchester Metropolitan University is a British Public University located in Northwest England. It is the fifth largest campus-based University in the United Kingdom with over 36,000 students.
The University’s tender requirements were 400 MFDs of 30, 40 and 50 Pages Per Minute across 13 campus wide locations.
They required Print Management Software for secure print release, student payment, cash kiosks and cost recovery and a comprehensive cost management, allocation and reporting strategy.
Vision’s winning theme was the overall solution and innovation of technology. Vision’s Proposal and Solution to Manchester Metropolitan included:
- Comprehensive implementation plan, dedicated Project Management utilising Prince 2 methodology
- Detailed proof of concept and model office testing prior to implementation and deployment
- Vision installed 381 Samsung Android based MFDs across all 13 campus sites over an eight-week deployment Management and exit transition of the existing HP fleet (approximately 400 devices)
- Implementation of SafeCom print management for secure release via Access Cards, cash allocation for academic staff and students at dedicated kiosks
- Implementation of Vision’s Remote Fleet Management (VRFM) for proactive service delivery, alerts and automated consumables management
- Dedicated on-site technical resources
- Dedicated consumables on-site despatch, resources
- Bespoke, fully livered transportation across all sites
- Central stores, stock of all consumables, managed and monitored by VRFM and service desk resources
- Comprehensive reporting and management information based on SLAs
- Bespoke billing, invoice processing and volumetric reporting
- Waste management and collection for recycling of all consumables
- Dedicated account management via Vision’s Public Sector Team
“Through our comprehensive tender process, Vision was selected primarily on technology innovation, their approach and "can-do" attitude and with the aim of making the University more academically competitive through effective use of technology, underpinned by first class service and support. Vision has done just that."
James Woodward - University’s IT Services Leadership team